1. Call the Colorado Reinstatement Division at (303) 205-5631. Ask what is required for you to reinstate your driver’s license. Ask what date you will be eligible to reinstate. Ask if you are eligible to reinstate early through the affidavit of enrollment program.
2. Sign up for alcohol education classes. If you are eligible for the affidavit of enrollment program, make sure your education provider participates in the program.
3. About a week before your reinstatement eligibility date, call or come by our office to start your SR-22.
4. After getting your SR-22, call one of the Colorado approved interlock providers listed below.
Take a copy of your SR-22 with you when you have your interlock installed.
- Intoxalock 1-888-572-4902
- Smart Start 1-877-573-4639
- Lifesaver 1-800-475-5490
- Guardian 1-800-499-0994
5. Complete form DR2780 (application for reinstatement) from the Colorado Department of Revenue. Gather all documents required (SR-22, alcohol education enrollment, interlock, etc). You can mail your documents or upload them online at https://mydmv.colorado.gov. We can help you to upload your documents at our office. You can visit in person or mail all required documents to 1881 Pierce St, Lakewood, CO 80214. The process takes 24-48 hours if you upload the documents, up to three weeks if you mail them. There is a $95 reinstatement fee. The fee can be paid online or you can mail a check or money order.
6. You will receive an email when you are approved to reinstate if you upload documents or a letter by mail if you choose to mail your documents. Take this email or letter with you to the DMV to get your license back.